Tuesday, December 24, 2013

{An Eternal Friendship} From Gary Crittenden

September 15, 1993 arrived and not sure if I even really wanted to be at the MTC, I grabbed ahold of your luggage and started the jaunt to the other end of the huge missionary facility.  I wished I could say that was the toughest time we would share together.  Dripping wet with sweat from lugging your “oversized luggage” up to the third floor, I knew we had a common bond from long before we actually met here on earth. 

   

Bryce, I know we were together in the beginning and I thank my Heavenly Father often that I made the choice to serve a mission so we could formally meet.  All the ups and downs that come with a mission were bearable because you were either just down the road or a quick phone call to a neighboring zone.  Then SNOW COLLEGE, or Slow Knowledge, as we called it!  WOW, not sure what I really learned that year but yes we did experience much together.  Loved the intramurals, talks, drives to SLC for our fast-pitch softball games, the “bad smells” in our room and I can’t forget me trying to beat the women (just like on the mission) off of you.  I hated that year to end but knew we had to move on with our lives.  I must admit that a flood of memories come rushing to my mind as I type this. 


Some include: you as my “Best Man” on Sept. 13th 1997, the late night(s)-2 day tile job at the old main street house, selling mattresses, all the fix-ups-door hanging-base & case-etc. on my house, my sportsman tag elk hunt, all the texts & phone calls, Larry & sons, wrestling tournaments, Ric, and so many more.  I LOVE you and can’t wait for the day when I can receive answers to some of our/my eternal questions we have discussed.  We are promised that if we remain faithful we will be rewarded not only in this life but also the next.  One thing that I do know at this time is that because of your example of faith and doing good works, I am a better father, husband, and teacher.  I LOVE you for so many things but mostly because I know our friendship will transcend this earthly life and live through the eternities.  I wish you the best through this battle.  I want You, Jenni, Kade, and the Thomletts (Davin, Sage, & Creed) to know that I pledge my support.  I will be here to help with anything.  Thank you for always being there for me.  From our house-Me, Cassie, Ethan, the Crittlets (Ella, Evan, & Cael) to yours, we wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS.  May you feel the Saviors LOVE surround you now and through this healing process.  I thank your sweet wife for asking me to share a few memories we have experienced.  I LOVE you and already have a hall pass to use for this upcoming non-dangerous (I threw that in here for Jenni’s behalf) BEAR HUNT!  

Get well my friend,


LOVE Gary R. Crittenden







No comments:

Post a Comment